The Proposed Development
(Click the image for a larger view)
The proposed development will seek Full Planning Permission for the demolition of two of the three existing buildings and the erection of a new Lidl food store with associated car parking, servicing and landscaping to the north of the site along with associated works and new access bell mouth to serve the employment land retained to the south.
The new food store will extend to 2,127 sq. m gross internal area with net sales of 1,325 sq. m. The new food store will be supported by 127 car parking spaces, including 6 dedicated disabled spaces and 8 parent and child spaces. Secure covered cycle storage will also be provided for 12 bikes.
Existing vehicular access will be retained from Alton Road which will accommodate all traffic for the new Lidl to and from the site including deliveries.
It is proposed that the Lidl neighbourhood foodstore will be open between the hours of:
- 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday (including Bank Holidays), and
- 10am to 4pm or 11am to 5pm Sunday
Benefits of the proposed development
The development of the site will provide the following benefits to the local area:
- A purpose built store which provides a clean and fresh shopping experience to meet the needs of customers;
- A dedicated in-store bakery;
- Improved shopping choice and provision of a new mainstream discount operator for Ross-on-Wye and the surrounding area;
- A contemporary building design that will complement the surrounding area;
- Employment opportunities, including up to 40 new retail jobs for local residents;
- Landscaping will improve the visual amenity of the site including soft landscaping around the boundary of the site.